The LGBT2SQ+ Family Planning Courses are your opportunity to consider parenting through various pathways to parenthood, including adoption, pregnancy and birth, surrogacy, co-parenting, and foster parenting. All the courses are trans-inclusive.
In addressing the complex ways our communities come to parenthood, we seek to centre navigating our obligations and responsibilities as future parents in a settler colonial, anti-Black racist and oppressive world. We recognize the hopes and challenges of coming together to explore our individual experiences and coping strategies in the face of various oppressions in our lives and family planning journeys.
The courses are learner-centred facilitated closed learning groups. As facilitators, our goal is to help you:
- Assess the questions, information, resources and community of support you already have.
- Determine your needs for more information, resources and connections.
- Find information you need.
- Introduce you to new resources.
- Clarify your needs and decisions.
- Identify next steps.
- Build connections and community through meeting guest speakers and other participants.
Topics are explored through presentations, panels, and small group discussions.
The 2SITLGBQ+ Family Planning Courses are developed in partnership with collaborators in the broader community.
The courses are programs of the LGBT2SQ Parenting Network at Sherbourne Health Centre.